Board and District Goals
- Facilities: Develop a funding strategy plan for capital improvement projects as outlined in the Long-Range Facilities Plan.
Communications: Develop a District communications plan to include varied communication methods to educate and engage the community about the role of the Board of Education and District initiatives.
Assess the effectiveness of District programs and practices implemented to address achievement gaps due to the COVID-19 pandemic and address areas of identified deficiencies.
Evaluate student success and standards in relationship to Curriculum, in a systematic and consistent manner, while taking into consideration costs and other factors in developing programs that are effective for the District.
Planning: Complete, implement and monitor the District Strategic Plan initiated in the 2019-2020 academic year.
- Reducing the number of students meeting the criteria for targeted intervention programs
- Reducing the gap between 19-20 student performance data and 20-21 student performance data
- Increase the number of students who are performing on or above grade-level expectations
- Support and maintain the health of the school community by implementing the district’s Restart and Recovery Plan with fidelity and, thereby, minimizing transmission rates / outbreaks within the schools.
- Design and implement an SEL Intervention Program that addresses mental health issues identified through the SEL Screener results from June 2020.
- Finance: Allocate and design summer enrichment / academic programs to implement for all students to address pandemic-related academic regression within the current 20-21 school year and within the development of the '21-22 school budget.
- Facilities: Continue to address key facilities needs as a result of 2015 Comprehensive Facilities Study and post referendum defeats by selecting critical projects for ‘20-21 budget and alternative funding options, including an Energy Saving Improvement Plan.
- Continue to implement the use of instructional technology in accordance with ISTE Standards for purposes of cultivating students to become:
- Empowered learners
- Digital citizens
- Knowledge constructors
- Innovative designers
- Computational thinkers
- Creative communicators
- Global collaborators
- Identify the most efficient and viable means of providing remote learning experiences for students during the current COVID-19 pandemic.