Board and District Goals
COLTS NECK BOARD OF EDUCATION GOALS
2018-19 SCHOOL YEAR
- Develop and implement a plan for more effective communications among Board members to district stakeholders that provides greater access of information about Board business and the district to the school community as well as residents of Colts Neck who do not have students enrolled in the district.
- Develop a five-year Strategic Plan.
- Review of all district Policies and Regulations.
COLTS NECK SCHOOL DISTRICT GOALS
2019-20 SCHOOL YEAR
ADOPTED AT THE NOVEMBER 20, 2019 REGULAR MEETING
- Colts Neck Township Schools will review and analyze the district’s expenditures as presented in the New Jersey Taxpayers’ Guide to Education Spending for purposes of developing a shared understanding of the information as well as for the development of a plan for continuing analysis of district spending. Evidence will be documented through Finance Committee minutes and with the Superintendent presenting an analysis to the Board.
- Colts Neck Township Schools will examine state assessment and local assessment data for all students and demographic categories to identify opportunities for curricular and programmatic changes for purposes of students demonstrating growth on the spring 2020 NJSLA. Evidence of this goal will be documented through the Curriculum Committee and shared with the Board as well as through spring 2020 NJSLA data.
- Colts Neck Township Schools will conduct an inquiry and investigation into the district’s curricula, pacing guides, and instructional practices to identify targeted areas of improvement in student achievement as reported in trends in state assessment data. Evidence will be documented through minutes from meeting to the Curriculum Committee and with recommendations for changes in programs included within the 2020-2021 budget.
- Colts Neck Township Schools will work collaboratively with community stakeholders for the development of the district’s next strategic plan. Evidence will be provided through the coordination of administrative tasks, action team reports, and a new strategic plan.
- Colts Neck Township Schools will enhance communication efforts with and to the Colts Neck Community by way of developing district newsletters for distribution to the community at large.
- Colts Neck Township Schools will investigate and analyze viable options for the improvement of facilities inclusive of projects identified for funding via the 2018 & 2019 failed referendums.
If you wish to contact the Colts Neck Board of Education members,
please use the following email address: